Todays culture is based around going green and you see it everywhere you turn. You cant get away from green and I think the vitamin waters caption that i am drinking as i write this says it best "Green is the new black." By the way, pink is the best, kiwi strawberry. I have for one have no problem with this and as Chief Seattle said we would be extinct soon enough I dont understand why we arent. There are so many people on this planet and to think about how much waste we generate and how much resources we engulf, I cant comprehend how we managed to keep on kickin this long.
Our values our taught to us by our elders, but now we have to think about the world around us in a new more innnovative way, so that we can continue to live on this earth. Like its been said many times before, "We are the future," and unless we do something about we are gone, and therefore no future. I, for one, support going green 100% and as these issues become more important to us, I believe that kids are stepping up to the challenge. Highschoolers, in my opinion, are far more involved with world affairs now than they ever have been. With this said, education is much more valued now, since it may be vital for our survival. We want to learn, we want to know and we want to be able to contribute to the Earth so it can support our ways just a little longer. (Or at least till the world ends by unrelated causes like metors slamming us in 2012.)
With this said, American Values may have been destructive in the past to get ahead, but we are learning to cope with the natural beauty around us. And there will always be people who value knowledge as much as Lopez, and hopefully, today the majority of humans, im not saying all, can respect our planets natural history and learn by it. On a side note, the way Lopez writes is like ADD (Attention Devicit Disorder) in writing but i like it.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment