Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just Some Awesome Blogs I Found

Like i said in the blog before this, I am in an English class, and one of the assignments happens to be: to find interesting blogs out in the wide world of the web. Yeah, well I automatically went to Google of course (WHO wouldnt) to search for some blogs and knew "blogs" wouldnt have been enough so, instead, typed in marine biology blogs and happened to find a blog that goes by the name of MarineBio Blog. For those of you who dont know, I love fish and thats why i typed that in. This, coincidentally, was from a website that i am a member of and use its awesome pictures as wallpapers for my laptop. After all this time, I never knew that the website put out such a blog and was flabbergasted. The url is marinebio.org/blog.

The principal blog editor, Joni Lawrence, is a talented blogger, and the blog offers a wide variety of information. The key motives for this blog are to increase awareness about our wonderful blue planet...the ocean, and, in doing so, hopefully, get readers and followers to participate in marine conservation. Yes, yes, yes, its always about marine conservation with these kinds of organizations but this blog offers something else, maybe its the charm she puts into her posts when giving us fish recipes.

The url for the next blog i found was joeydevilla.com. I found this one by simply googling interesting blogs which brought me ironically to a blog which finds interesting blogs. And this blog was nothing less than interesting. The editor or author of the blogs' name is Joey Devilla and its called Adventures of Accordion Guy in the Twenty First Century. Joey just hapens to be an accrodion player and a great outlook on life. He explains, in one of his sidebars, the basic reason for wrting his blog is to entertain readers of events happening in his life by putting them in a comical perspective. Joey specifically says "We then made a solemn vow to live the kind of life that got high ratings." In a sense, the goal of his blog is not only to entertain, but also to inform. Many of his entries are about wolrd affairs or local events from his hometown and often twists the information so the reader will learn but still want to continue reading to see his perspective. I encourage you to visit this blog if you dont want to see the marine bio one, its worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment